Q.

What are the symptoms of Neck Pain?

Related Topics: Neck, Pain

Medical Reference
A.

Characteristics of neck pain include:

• Pain that occurs from the bottom of your head to the top of your shoulders. Pain may spread to the upper back or arms.
  • Pain that is worse with movement.
  • Limited head and neck movement. The neck may be stiff or tender.
  • Headaches. These are common and may persist for months.

Nerve-related symptoms caused by pressure on the spinal nerve roots or spinal cord include:

• Numbness, tingling, or weakness in the arm or hand.
  • A burning feeling when touched on the skin of the arm or hand.
  • A pain that feels like a shock and extends into the arm or hand.
  • Leg numbness or weakness, and loss of the ability to control urination (bladder control) or bowel movements. This occurs when there is considerable pressure or injury to the spinal cord.

If your neck pain is long-lasting (chronic), it may be difficult to cope with daily life. Common side effects of chronic pain include fatigue, depression, and anxiety. For more information, see the topic Chronic Pain.

Read the Original Article: Neck Pain-Symptoms
WebMD Medical Reference from Healthwise Healthwise This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any liability for the decisions you make based on this information. © 1995-2011 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.

A.

Stiffness in neck, when really bad cannot bend neck in any direction. Feels swollen, affects jaw, and ears. Causes tightness in muscles of cranium, and pain and stiffness from area of neck near the base of cranium and spine ( Very stiff and horrid pressure in mid to upper spine is a main contributor as well.) Hearing loss in right ear is almost complete.Left ear is losing hearing as well.

Every nerve on my upper torso (muscular rigidity, or atrophy happens in both shoulders, with pain running under armpits, causing numbness in both arms.

Confusion, the inability to speak is very frustrating. When I feel frustrated with this pain, I cannot express any emotion. almos like I am in a walking coma. Nerves on my skin hurt so much it is painful to shower. All the while my neck continues to stay stiff and feel like a knuckle feels when it needs to pop, and sometimes the neck does pop, but it isn't the bones that pop, it's the muscles that pop. Right before they pop the muscles in the neck sound rusty? Yes, they make a sound like an old leather baseball glove would make if you opened or closed the glove.    

Last but not least, the taste in my mouth is horrendous. It feels like the nerves in my mouth have been muted, or are hurt (stinging) some way. I don't know if the taste is coming from the drainage from my right ear. Which gets filled with so muhch pressure, the ear drum breaks (chronically) and then heals up, until pressure gets bad again. While the ear drum is still unbroken, the drainage runs down my throat, making my throat sore, and giving me that horrible taste and stinging in my mouth.                           

+

A.
depending on how bad it can go from headaches , toothaches, blurred vision (in very bad cases ) inablity to focus , finfing it hard to think, pain in your jaw, due to something like your cervical spine not being in the right place ex: reversed cervical spine which causes the bones to be ..as it says in the name reversed which i myself have and its very painfull after you spine curves more than a 20 degree angle in the wrong direction , also things like bad posture can cause neck pain , if you sit on front of a computer for a long tome each day. i hope this helps you :)