Q.

What time of day should vitamin D be taken?

Related Topics: Vitamin D

Peeke Performance Center
A.

So many men and women are Vit D deficient. I'd recommend to everyone to have your level checked next time you go to the doctor and keep monitoring [it].

Vit D is one of the fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K are the 4 fat-solubles). Therefore, in order to absorb this vitamin you need to make sure you're ingesting some food that contains fat--- some nuts, a 2% dairy product, a slice of avocado, a serving of peanut butter, etc. Therefore, you need to have something to eat that contains fat in it for optimal absorption. Any meal or snack will do.

Monitor your Vit D levels at least once a year if you've been treated for a deficiency. This is a powerful little vitamin and we must have adequate levels.

Read the Original Article: Question about vitamin D