Q.

What are some exercises that I can do that will not put strain on my feet?

Related Topics: Foot, Exercise

A.

You could try non-weight bearing exercise like biking or swimming, and low-impact exercises like the elliptical machine. If you work out at home you can purchase aerobic-training equipment like a bike, or you could try some exercise videos. ... 

Also, don't forget to do resistance exercise to build muscle. You lose muscle when you lose weight, which can slow down your metabolic rate, so you want to keep your muscle by doing resistance exercise. A trainer at your gym can design program for you. If you exercise at home you can check out exercise tubing for resistance exercise. Tubing is inexpensive and versatile (you can do lots of exercises with them even in a chair) and a great way to get started with resistance exercise. You can start with a set of four for about $20. They come in colors to denote the tension. If you order them make sure to order the strap that allows you to attach the tube to a door, and if you want to work your legs, ask for leg straps. ... 

You could also do exercises to strengthen your feet! The first one is to sit in a chair barefoot with the end of a towel under your toes, and start to flex your toes to grab or pull the towel under your feet. You have to keep flexing your toes to pull it all the way under your feet. When you're done the entire towel should be under your feet. Do a search for feet exercises and you'll get lots of ideas. ...

Read the Original Article: Excercises for People with weak feet!