Q.

My dad's Alzheimer's is so bad, he kicks my mom out of the house. How can I help?

Related Topics: Alzheimer's Disease

Alzheimer's Disease
Elder Care Alternatives, New York, N.Y.
A.

It clearly sounds like your dad needs medication to help with his agitation and psychotic behavior. I recommend you connect him with a local hospital or geriatrician experienced with dementia. You will be able to secure appropriate drug treatment to manage his behavior.

It is also suggested you contact the liocal chapter of the Alzheimer Association for both education and support. ... You do not need the extra stress, and you will learn how to cope with your dad's behaviors.

Read the Original Article: Need to talk about my dad