Q.

Are there any tricks to remembering words when you have Parkinson's disease?

Related Topics: Parkinson's Disease

Parkinson's Disease
Duke Medicine
A.

... As for word finding difficulties, I look at PD as a condition that affects the RAM on a computer. The basal ganglia initiate motor and thinking circuitry. Your memory is fine, but the circuit that gets the word to speech is a little slow. When you get in a hurry, or you have a number of simultaneous tasks, it gets worse.

You may consider 2 approaches: slow down, and concentrate on one thing at a time or, perhaps, discuss increasing your PD treatment with your doctor.

Read the Original Article: Forgetting words