Q.

Could caffeine cause my panic attacks?

Related Topics: Panic Attack, Caffeine

Psychology
Patricia A. Farrell, Ph.D., LLC
A.

...It doesn't seem to usually be a random occurrence that anxiety attacks come with caffeine use. There may be a difference in the caffeine that you are ingesting. For example, different types of coffees contain different levels of caffeine. Some of the popular coffee shops grew a particularly potent coffee which can be very unsettling in terms of sparking anxiety. Caffeine can also be ingested via soda, candy and OTC medications. It's wise to always read the labels carefully.

Of course, the instances where you have had caffeine and have had a panic attack may be precipitated by both the caffeine and some stressful situation. You might want to begin keeping a log of when this occurs so that you can look for any similar variables. I know this is almost like being a researcher, but that's what all of us have to do; research our own lives. ...

Read the Original Article: Panic attacks and caffeine?