Q.

How can I get find someone to help me with my mental health problem?

Related Topics: Mental Health

A.

Issues with mental health, especially if they're chronic, can be debilitating. Your body can respond physically to depression or anxiety much like it does to physical illness. And sometimes, mental problems can actually be caused by a physical condition. So the first person to see if you think you are having a mental problem is your primary care doctor.

Your doctor will ask about your symptoms, how long you've been having them, and whether they're constant or come and go. Your doctor will check for physical problems that could be causing your symptoms and help you decide what type of mental health professional and what kind of therapy might be best for you.

Read the Original Article: Guide to Psychiatry and Counseling