Q.

How long is a cold contagious?

Related Topics: Coldness

A.

Symptoms of a cold can be felt about 1-4 days after catching a cold virus. They start with a burning feeling in the nose or throat, followed by sneezing, a runny nose, and a feeling of being tired and unwell. This is the period when you are most contagious -- you can pass the cold to others -- so it's best to stay home and rest.

Read the Original Article: Understanding Common Cold - Symptoms

A.

I have had a bad chest cold since Friday (today is Tues).  I am starting to feel better but still coughing, especially at night with what I consider a productive, deep cough.  I work around Seniors and am wondering if I should hold off from going back to work a little longer?