Q.

My 7 year old son's new adult teeth are very yellow. How can i whiten them?

Related Topics: Tooth

Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics and Implant Surgery of Manhattan, P.C., New York, N.Y.
A.

Baby teeth are typically much whiter than the adult teeth. It is typically disheartening for parents when they see the adult teeth come out and they are more yellow. My own son is 7 years old and he is getting his front adult teeth. They are more yellow than the baby teeth. However, they are perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong with them.

The best thing to do is to go to the dentist and make sure that everything is developing properly. Let all the adult teeth come out and only when your child reaches the age of maturity do we "do" anything about it.

Our society is preoccupied with "toilet bowl" white teeth. Teeth are naturally ivory in color. Ivory IS NOT white!

Just make sure that your child is developing properly and don't worry about the color.

Read the Original Article: Sons teeth are very yellow