Q.

Can my baby's two-month vaccines wait until she is 11 weeks old?

Related Topics: Baby, Vaccines

Pediatrics
A.

I would really encourage all parents to vaccinate their infants at the recommended intervals. There is no advantage to spacing out, delaying or breaking up the vaccines.

In many communities, vaccine-preventable diseases are making a comeback and the best way to protect your infants is to immunize them early on.

Just this week, the State of California announced an EPIDEMIC of pertussis (known as whooping cough). Five infants under the age of 6 months have already died. Similar epidemics have been reported in Colorado and Orgeon.

There is no data to support that vaccines are linked in any way to developmental delays, so please resist the urge to delay or split up vaccines and please protect your babies.

Read the Original Article: Vaccines