Q.

Is the pain and cramping I feel while taking Provera normal, and should I check with my doctor about it?

Related Topics: Pain, Cramps

Women's Health
A.

...Yes, some women have significant cramping while taking Provera to start a menstrual period.

While we tell women their flow will begin around 72 hours after the last Provera pill is taken, bleeding can also begin before the pills are completed. Usually it is suggested that all the pills be taken because the lining of the uterus may need all the synthetic progesterone to fully convert to a healthy status ("secretory effect").

In your specific case if you are having very severe cramping it is a reasonable option to check with the GYN prescribing the Provera. They may suggest something for the discomfort. If your bleeding does start before the medication is done, confirm that you should finish up all the Provera pills. ...

Read the Original Article: Provera