Q.

Is there a way to stop the stomach cramps and pains my daughter gets from taking Adderall?

Related Topics: Stomach, Pain, Cramps

Pediatrics
Cohen Children's Medical Center
A.

You can discuss changing her to a methylphenidate medication since these have lower risks of stomach ache. Or, you could explore Vyvanse, which is similar to Adderall but has a different delivery system. If you are reluctant to change meds, one alternative to discuss with your physician would be to split the Adderall dose -- give half the capsule and then 20-30 minutes later, give the other half. If you sprinkle the med into food, do not let the second half of the dosage sit in the food for the 30 minutes since the beads will dissolve prematurely.

Read the Original Article: Adderall stomach pain