Q.

I tore my ACL and can still walk on it, but I have been told it's a minor injury. What does this mean?

Sports Medicine
Duke University, School of Medicine
A.

Do not confuse pain severity with an ACL tear. Torn is torn. If you tore your ACL you do not HAVE to fix it, however based on the activities you like to do or if you are having instability symptoms you may want to. The MRI will not quantify your pain. It is merely a picture. However it will show what other structures you may have also damaged with this injury. There are many functional people with ACL deficient knee who do just fine, however if you like turning twisting or cutting sports you may want to consider getting this reconstructed.

Read the Original Article: Torn ACL