Q.

Why do I have an internal itching sensation where I pulled my piriformis muscle?

Related Topics: Muscle, Itch

Sports Medicine
Duke University, School of Medicine
A.

... I have recently treated a patient with a similar problem that had the same "deep itch" complaint. SHe said it was like an itch she could not scratch. We ended up sending her for graston, which is an extreme form of deep tissue massage. I think this itch may be from tiny scar bands that are holding onto a small part of the injured area creating this problem. Sometimes if the Graston does not work I will do a simple injection (if indicated) and that will resolve the itching although I do not do this if the only symptom is that nagging itch.

Read the Original Article: Muscle Itch after Acute injury