Q.

What foods are good for gallbladders?

Related Topics: Gallbladder, Food

A.

Although diet doesn't directly cause gallbladder problems -- and it won't cure them -- watching what you eat and keeping a healthy weight might help you prevent gallstones from forming and avoid some discomfort if you do develop gallstones.

Whether or not you are at risk for gallstones, it's always a good idea to keep your body at a healthy weight and eat a diet that is low in fat and cholesterol, moderate in calories, and high in fiber.

All of the following are healthy foods for your gallbladder, as well as the rest of your body:

* Fresh fruits and vegetables.
    * Whole grains (whole-wheat bread, brown rice, oats, bran cereal).
    * Lean meat, poultry, and fish.
    * Low-fat dairy products.

Read the Original Article: Gallbladder diet

A.

I am having nausea, burning and pain.  I have had an endoscope, cat scan and sonogram.  The sonogram showed two gallstones but the doctor does not believe this is causing my symptoms.  My primary doctor feels it is my gall bladder giving me problems.  I can't see a surgeon until 10/14/13.  We are

leaving for Vegas on the 7th to celebrate our 50th anniversary   Am I safe to fly and what should I do or not do especially with the food?  I am uncomfortable 24/7 and this has been since the first week in August.