Q.

What are the signs and symptoms of sun poisoning?

Related Topics: Poisoning

A.

Within just 15 minutes of being in the sun, you can become sunburned, but you might not know it right away. The redness and discomfort might show up a few hours later. You can become severely sunburned if you stay in the sun a long time and don't wear protection. You are at greater risk if you have light skin and fair hair.

Severe sunburn or sun poisoning can cause symptoms such as:

• Skin redness and blistering
  • Pain and tingling
  • Swelling
  • Headache
  • Fever and chills
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Dehydration

Read the Original Article: Sun Poisoning

A.

Sun poisoning is no fun! I had it twice. It feels like your skin is crawling with ants and stings so bad. It hurts to have clothing or anything touch your skin. If  I take a pink benadryl the swelling and stinging go away. I tried cool showers to try to soothe, and putting the blue gel stuff on it or the green aloe gel on the sunburn helps.