Q.

Can I take sleeping pills while pregnant?

Related Topics: Pregnancy

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
A.

There are several options that you have available. ... unisom is definitely one. You can try half a pill to start and if it does not work then go to a full pill.

Benedryl is another medication that we use for patients who have trouble sleeping as well. It is a class C medication like all of these medications in this class. If you want to be a careful as you can, you may want to wait until 12 weeks gestation to take the medication.

There are prescription medications for sleep OB's will use for patients who are at need. They can be habit forming and must be used carefully, however, there is no risk to the fetus. Ambien is such a drug. 

Read the Original Article: Sleeping Pills