Q.

Is it safe to have another baby after I delivered three by C-section?

Related Topics: Cesarean Section, Baby

Obstetrics & Gynecology
Mercy Medical Center
A.

You can certainly consider having another infant. However, all the information in our literature would tell you not to consider having an attempt at a vaginal birth. You are at too high a risk to consider this.

I think of myself as very progressive and will always consider a VBAC for patients but not someone like you.

The issue for you becomes the more C/S you have the higher the risk of possible placental abnormalities. If the placenta lies over the cervix (called a placenta previa) with the number of C/S you have had, there could be a significant problem that could occur (called a placenta accreta).

You should always discuss with your health care provider your concerns. 

Read the Original Article: Repeat C-section or not??