Q.

How can my “attitude” about my bedroom affect my sleep?

Sleep Disorders
A.

Your brain actually can train you to have specific emotional feelings surrounding a room in the house. And the bedroom, you have to remember, is a very private place, but it’s also a safety issue, so for example, in cases where women have been raped or beaten, they get almost phobic, usually occurring in the bedroom, almost phobic to the bedroom. Alright, I’ve worked with women in rape crisis centers before, and they are afraid to go to sleep, okay, because of the things that happened to them during their sleep.

So again, can it happen? Absolutely it can. Can you get a bit milder case, where we don’t have such extreme horrible circumstances, can people argue in bed and get used to arguing in bed. You know what, I tell people don’t have big emotional discussions in your bed if you can help it. Don’t talk about your kids in bed, don’t talk about your bills in bed. Reserve the bed for sleep, sex if you can, and you know, maybe evening watching a little TV, reading, things of that nature.

Read the Original Article: Your Attitude About Your Bedroom Hurting Your Sleep?