Q.

How can sleeping improve my sex life?

Related Topics: Sexual Intercourse

Sleep Disorders
A.

Well, there’s a few different ways. So first of all, if you’re tired, it’s hard to get motivated to have sex. The old, not tonight, I’ve got a headache, probably partially has to do with not tonight because I’m just too tired and that’s one of the things that we talk about a lot. And we also know that with certain sleep disorders, there’s a decrease in libido. Specifically in men with sleep apnea, we’ve noted a significant decrease in libido there, as well as in some women who have apnea. But again, more men than women have apnea until they hit menopause and then the numbers seem to even out.

So anecdotally what we know is that a lot of women report that after my husband and I have sex, or my partner and I have sex, if he’s male, then he falls asleep. That has a tendency to happen anecdotally, we don’t have any great data on it yet, to say whether we know that’s the case or not, but what we have found is that when talking to these individuals, if they have a different type of sex, or more sensual sex as opposed to more vigorous sex, then that has a tendency to lead towards less of a problem with insomnia secondary to having sex.

What I would say is if you’re a woman who is energized by having sex, have it earlier in the evening, okay. The other things is a lot of times women will associate the bed with this energized segment in their life after having sex, so maybe having sex away from the bed could be a good idea. There’s lots of different places in the house that somebody can have sex, and people may want to consider trying that.

Read the Original Article: Better Sleep for a Better Sex Life?