Q.

How can sleeping help me lose weight?

Related Topics: Diet

Sleep Disorders
A.

What we know now is some great studies have been done within the last two years about the relationship between sleep and weight loss and weight gain. There are two hormones in particular, that have specific amount to do with appetite.

Another thing we know about sleep deprivation is that your metabolism slows down. Well, if you have a slow metabolism, you’re not burning fuel efficiently, so it’s going into fat storage and fat deposits, and again, causing more weight gain. We also know with sleep deprivation, we have increased levels of cortisol. Well, that can be another problem which causes more appetite.
Here’s the most fascinating part about the research I think. All those other things aside, when you’re sleep deprived, if I was to lay out a healthy snack for you, or a very non healthy, sugary snack for you, you’d gun for the sugary food. You would go for the less healthy food, so your food choice is even affected by sleep deprivation.

How?
They are not 100% sure how, but that craving that you’re having seems to be more towards a comfort food which tends to be high carbohydrate, high sugar, high fat.

Read the Original Article: How Better Sleep Can Help Weight Loss