Q.

Sleep Disorders
A.

You also have to know and understand that the type of pillow that you get should be specific to the sides in which you sleep. So, if you’re a side sleeper you’re going to need a thicker, more firm pillow to keep proper head and neck alignment, verses a back sleeper, or even a stomach sleeper, where a lot of stomach sleepers may not even require a pillow to sleep
If I’m allergic, do I have to give up my down pillow?

What I recommend in those cases, is that there are now pillows made, first of all, that are synthetic down, so you don’t have to, the reason that people get allergic to down pillows is not because of the feathers. It’s because the feathers haven’t been cleaned properly. Uh, and so there’s a lots of bacteria, uh, dust mites, things like that in there.
So synthetic down won’t have any of that, so oftentimes, and it feels just the same. I often recommend synthetic down pillows. And then, what you’d want in that case, it’d be like that good fluffy down feeling, is to have a higher fill in the pillow. You can have 300, 400, 500 fill count in a pillow, and so what I recommend to people who are side sleepers is to have five or even 600 fill count, so it will keep your head up, because the distance between your ear and your shoulder is what you’re trying to accommodate for and still give you that fluffy down feeling.

Read the Original Article: Choose the Right Pillow for the Best Sleep