My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

How do I know when a burn is serious enough to see a dermatologist?

Related Topics: Burn, Vision

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

New York University
318 Answers
2,503 Helpful Votes

If the burn covers over 10% of your body surface area or is blistering, you should see a dermatologist or go to the emergency room immediately.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

4 of 8 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Dermatologist: Daily Skin Care Tips