Q.

I have pierced ears and the holes are getting stretched out. Can dermal fillers fix my ears so they are like new again?

Does this hurt, and who can do this? Do I need to see a dermatologist or an ENT doc?

Dermatology
New York University
A.

Dermatologist, plastic surgeons, and certain ENT doctors who are aesthetically trained can inject dermal fillers into the earlobes to create more volume, which will make the hole smaller; and this is a temporary fix for this problem. Over time, if that earlobe continues to stretch, if that hole continues to stretch and pull the earlobe down with earrings, then it can actually be removed and sown back together, and then you can make a new hole to solve that problem on a permanent basis.

However, it also might help, if you wear an earring that has a larger back that gives more support, and try not to wear earrings that are too heavy, that are going to pull down, or if you do wear those once in a while, try not to wear them for longer than you absolutely have to.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Dermatologist: Non-Surgical Cosmetic Surgery

Next Question: