Q.

Will prenatal vitamins help my hair grow faster?

Related Topics: Hair, Prenatal Vitamin

Dermatology
New York University
A.

I have a lot of patients who like taking their prenatal vitamins and they think that it helps their hair grow faster.

There is nothing in the literature that supports this. Prenatal vitamins are really just a nice mix of vitamins that support women who are planning pregnancy. They have ingredients like folic acid that women should not be deficient in when they are planning on getting pregnant, because of certain birth defects. But there is nothing special in a prenatal vitamin or any supplement that will help grow your hair.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Dermatologist: Anti-Aging Products and Routines