Q.

I have a bad head cold. What can I take to release my nasal drainage and clear my ears? Sudafed dries me out.

Related Topics: Cold, Ears, Drainage, Coldness

A.

This is a question that I got this past weekend. I would need to ask you a few more questions, especially if you have high blood pressure and how long you have had this for. Have you tried a saline rinse or something along the lines of a neti pot? This has helped many people with chronic congestion and may be worthwhile to try. It also should not have the same side effects that you felt with Sudafed. You want to monitor for signs of a sinus infection -- like puffy, painful areas under your eyes, headache, etc. At that point, you need to see a health care provider for further evaluation.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Stomachaches