Q.

I am not pregnant, but can I take Norco 5/325MG, penicillin VK 500 mg and ibuprofen 800 mg together?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Ibuprofen, Penicillin

A.

You should be able to take all of these. The most important one is the penicillin, which will treat any possible infection that you may have. It is important that you finish all of this medication and take this on an empty stomach -- it gets absorbed into your body better. The ibuprofen will help relieve the pain and inflammation. You want to take the ibuprofen and Norco with food as they can both be a little harsh on the stomach. If possible, try to reserve the Norco for the more severe pain. If you ever have any questions about how to take medications or if they can all be taken together, talk to your pharmacist.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Safe Drugs During Pregnancy