Q.

I just found out I am pregnant. I currently take Topamax for my migraine control. Can I continue my medication?

Related Topics: Migraine, Pregnancy, Drug

A.

Good question. I recommend speaking with your health care provider as soon as possible because Topamax is not recommended for use in pregnant women because it may cause harm to the fetus. Your health care provider needs to re-evaluate your condition and truly talk with you about the risks versus the benefits.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Safe Drugs During Pregnancy