Q.

My wife is pregnant and her doctor recommended an omega-3 supplement. Are all omega-3 supplements mercury-free?

Related Topics: Pregnancy, Omega-3, Supplement

A.

I would be very careful with this and actually advise you to double check with the doctor and ask why he wants this supplement. Omega-3 is pregnancy Category C which means we do not have enough data available and that the risks versus the benefits must be carefully evaluated. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Safe Drugs During Pregnancy