Q.

I'm taking amoxicillin 500 mg. Can I take acetaminophen for the pain and how much?

Related Topics: Amoxicillin, Acetaminophen, Pain

A.

Good question. I would need to ask some additional questions around why they are on an antibiotic and what kind of pain are they having and for how long. I would then ask if they have a personal medication record so I can see what other prescription and over-the-counter medications they are taking. If acetaminophen seems like a proper choice, I would advise taking it as directed on the package and make sure that you do not exceed the daily dose of 4,000 mg.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Pain Relief