Q.

I burned my hand with hot water and it’s starting to blister. Are there any at-home things I can do to promote healing?

Related Topics: Burn, Hand, Blister, Healing

A.

This all depends on how much of your hand was burned – if it is a large area, you will want to be seen by a health care provider as soon as possible. Do not puncture the blisters and do not put anything on the burn like butter, mayonnaise or ice. Even if it is a small area, you will want to watch it for signs of infection which includes redness, swelling, continued pain, and possible oozing or a "wet" appearance.

Read the Original Article: WebMD Ask the Pharmacist: Bug Bites, Burns, First Aid