My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

When should I call my doctor about a urinary tract infection?

Related Topics: Urinary Tract Infection

Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

7,995 Answers
373,965 Helpful Votes

Call your doctor if:

  • You develop any pain or burning or difficulty with urination.
  • Burning is accompanied by a discharge from the vagina or penis, or other sign of sexually transmitted disease, pelvic inflammatory disease or other serious infection. See your doctor without delay.
  • You notice blood in your urine.
  • You begin to urinate extremely frequently, and in small amounts.
  • You find yourself having to urinate very urgently.
  • You have back pain or pain in the area overlying your bladder.
  • You notice that your urine appears cloudy, or has an unpleasant odor .
  • You develop a fever and/or chills, which may indicate a more serious infection is developing (such as a kidney infection).

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer
Archived: March 20, 2014

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

410 of 429 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Understanding Urinary Tract Infections - Symptoms