When should I call my doctor about diverticulitis?

Related Topics: Diverticulitis

• You have a fever, chills, and abdominal swelling, or are vomiting, or your abdomen becomes rigid and your experience pain when you move; you could have peritonitis, an infection of the membrane that lines the abdominal cavity. Get medical help immediately.
  • Blood appears in stools; this indicates internal bleeding.
  • You have a fever; you may have an infection that requires medication.
  • Severe pain continues despite treatment; you may have another abdominal disorder.

Read the Original Article: Understanding Diverticulitis Symptoms