Q.

How can I prevent hemorrhoids from recurring?

Related Topics: Hemorrhoid

A.

The best way to prevent hemorrhoids is to keep your stools soft so they are easy to pass and don't require straining.

Eating a high-fiber diet and drinking plenty of fluids (six to eight glasses each day) can help you stay regular and [keep] your tools soft, and may reduce constipation and the need to strain on the toilet, lowering your risk of developing new hemorrhoids.

An over-the-counter fiber supplement (such as Citrucel or Metamucil) will add bulk to the stool and can also help prevent hemorrhoids from coming back. Ask your doctor about including this in your regimen.

Read the Original Article: Hemorrhoid Surgery