Q.

What's the best treatment for my sore throat?

Related Topics: Sore Throat

A.

Drinking lots of fluids and using salt water gargles (made by combining a cup of warm water and a teaspoon of salt) can often be helpful for easing the pain of a sore throat.

Some oral medications (such as Tylenol) and medicated lozenges and gargles can also temporarily soothe a sore throat.

Get your doctor's approval before using any medications, including over-the-counter drugs, and don't use lozenges or gargles for more than a few days.

The drugs could mask signs of strep throat, a bacterial infection that should be treated with antibiotics.

Read the Original Article: What Can I Buy for Fast Relief From a Cold or the Flu?