What should I take for fever and aches?

Related Topics: Fever

Fever may be a good thing. It helps the body fight off infection by suppressing the growth of bacteria and viruses and activating the immune system. Doctors no longer recommend suppressing fever for most people, except perhaps for the very young, the very old, and those with certain medical conditions such as heart disease or lung disease. However, if you are uncomfortable then it's fine to take these medications. Young people (including those in their early 20s), however, should avoid aspirin. Tylenol, or other medicines with acetaminophen, and Advil, or other medicines with ibuprofen, are best. Each type of medicine has its own set of risks, so check with your doctor or pharmacist as to which type of pain reliever or fever reducer is best for you. 

Be careful not to overdose! These drugs are often mixed in with cough and cold and flu remedies. Read the labels and don't take a separate pain remedy if your cough or cold medicine includes it. If you are unsure about the ingredients, talk to your pharmacist before taking the medicine.

Read the Original Article: What Can I Buy for Fast Relief From a Cold or the Flu?

i have had dengue fever detected and hospitalised in 2013 july in manipal hospital , bangalore... and was administered  PLATETS since my count came down to 10K / 8 K,  subsequently, it raised levels and got discharged.. i am a diabetic with psoriasis symptoms, by hereditary. my diabetics was diagonised since 2009, and psoriasis was since 25 years, which my father was suffering from ... until his age of 85.

it is since over one and half years since i have contacted confirmed DENGUE fever, and treated for it.. however, recently my general checkup with manipal hospital , i had only 167000 platet count, besides my sugar level HBIA was 6.1.. which the doctor examined to be in normal condition... 

however, due to weather conditions in bangalore for the past 3 months or so, i find sometimes weak, feverish at times, but not always, despite care being taken not to eat oily foods, reduced eating out, only vegetarian with less of oil and spice... no drinks/smoking, non veg items.   despite all these protective  controls, my confidence level has not been very optimistic since last 2 years to 5 years , when i was detected with diabetics... 

i am now 56 ( dob - 15.01.1959 ) and feel sometimes let down... due to these health conditions...

need your expert advice on how to manage all these drawbacks... viz.. diabetics, signs of dengue bacteria * which i am told will be in the lever once contacted *  besides   psoriasis..

thanks for your qualified comments and advice on treatment to be taken, diet controls, food controls, stress controls, besides  active life management

regards/ best / subramanian