Q.

How much water should I drink before a workout?

Related Topics: Drinking, Workout

A.

Inadequate hydration before and during a workout can result in dizziness, lethargy and cramping. Drinking fluids before your workout is key to performing at your peak because water is lost through your breath and sweat, depriving your body of the lubricant it needs to pump blood to your heart and transport oxygen and nutrients to your muscles.

A few guidelines: One to two hours before your workout, drink 15 to 20 ounces of water; fifteen minutes before you begin, drink between 8 and 10 ounces of water; during your workout, drink another 8 ounces every 15 minutes.

Read the Original Article: Water Tips for Efficient Exercise