Q.

How Is multiple sclerosis diagnosed?

Related Topics: Multiple Sclerosis

A.

Making the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis (MS) isn't easy because the symptoms are vague and often fleeting. Factors that a health professional considers are:

• Two or more isolated episodes of symptoms that could be caused by MS. The episodes must last at least 24 hours and occur a month apart.

• MRI test showing the areas of demyelination (lesions).

There are other tests that a health professional may perform.

Read the Original Article: What Is Multiple Sclerosis?

A.
How do I get the doctor to do a MRI? My insurance won't authorized it. They did it for the cancer but they had no choice at that time. I am in constant pain and nothing is working and I feel like I am crying wolf sometimes because these doctors see me as trying to get disability and not worrying about the pain. I have told them of the symptoms you listed and it as if they heard part of my symptoms and chalked it up to chronic pain syndrome. What can I do?