Q.

I wake up in the night having to urinate -- is that a problem for men?

Related Topics: Urination

A.

Having to urinate in the middle of the night a common consequence of getting older. One likely culprit is BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia.) This condition is very common, affecting half of all men between ages 50 and 60. As you get older, the prostate -- a walnut-sized gland around a man'surethra -- can grow larger. Eventually, it can squeeze down on the urethra, spurring an intense urge to urinate. Many men just live with it. However, you still must get changes to your urinary habits checked out. Increased frequency of urination can also be a sign of prostate infection or even prostate cancer.

Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Men's Health