My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Ask Your Question

WebMD Answers

120 Characters remaining
120 Characters remaining
  • First, try and keep your question as short as possible.
  • Include specific words that will help us identify questions that may already have your answer.
  • If you don't find your answer, you can post your question to WebMD Experts and Contributors.


Posted: | Report This Report Question |

Sex has become painful since menopause. What should I do?


Answers From Experts & Organizations (1)

7,995 Answers
375,352 Helpful Votes

The pain you are experiencing during sex is may be due to vaginal dryness associated with declining estrogen levels during menopause. But always check with your doctor if you have painful intercourse to find out the cause. There are a number of lubricants you can try to relieve the symptoms. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for a suggestion. There are also local estrogen treatments -- cream, tablets, and an estrogen ring -- that treat vaginal dryness.

This answer should not be considered medical advice...down arrowThis answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.up arrow

| Report This Report Answer
Archived: March 20, 2014

Was this helpful?


Thanks for your feedback.

50 of 84 found this helpful
Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Menopause