Q.

What should I do if I have risk factors for coronary artery disease?

Related Topics: Heart Disease

A.

There are many things you can do to decrease your risk of developing heart disease. If the artery-clogging process has already begun, you can slow the rate at which it progresses by improving your diet, exercising, quitting smoking, and reducing stress. With very careful lifestyle modification, you can stop or even reverse the narrowing of arteries. While this is very important for everyone with risk factors for the disease, it is even more important if you have had a heart attack and/or procedure to restore blood flow to your heart or other areas of your body.

Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Heart Disease