Q.

Can I still wear contact lenses if I have glaucoma?

Related Topics: Glaucoma, Lens

A.

Whether or not you can wear contact lenses depends on which glaucoma treatment your doctor selects for you. You should be able to continue wearing them if you are started on eye drops. However, some drugs may need to be taken when your lenses are not in your eyes. Also, some of the older medications can affect your prescription, so you may need to get new contacts at some point.

If your doctor decides that you need surgery, your ability to wear contacts may be affected. Be sure to discuss your contacts with your doctor, so together the two of you can manage your vision concerns and your medication concerns.

Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Glaucoma