Q.

Should I have a gas mask to protect myself against chemical and biological weapons?

Related Topics: Flatulence

A.

Gas masks do not provide protection unless you are wearing one at the exact moment of an attack with chemical or biological weapons. It's obviously impractical to wear a gas mask all the time. Besides, to work effectively, masks must be fitted to the wearer, who must be trained how to use them -- such as members of the military. Gas masks available for retail sale aren't guaranteed to work. There's also the possibility of accidental suffocation from wearing the masks incorrectly.

Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Biological and Chemical Agents