I want to quit smoking but am afraid of weight gain. What can I do?

Related Topics: Quit Smoking, Weight Gain

Congratulations, you are taking the first step toward improved health. Quitting smoking can result in enhanced taste, smell, appetite, and a desire to eat more often. Weight gain can occur if you substitute food for tobacco. Keep your mouth busy with sugarless gum or suck on hard candies. Stock your kitchen with nutritious snacks so you can satisfy urges with fruits, vegetables, or lean protein. Drink plenty of water and avoid empty-calorie foods that can result in weight gain.

Read the Original Article: Frequently Asked Questions About Diet and Nutrition