Q.

Can I take over-the-counter and prescription drugs while I get chemotherapy?

A.

This depends on the type of chemotherapy you get and the other types of drugs you plan to take. Take only drugs that are approved by your doctor or nurse. Tell your doctor or nurse about all the over-the-counter and prescription drugs you take, including laxatives, allergy medicines, cold medicines, pain relievers, aspirin, and ibuprofen.

One way to let your doctor or nurse know about these drugs is by bringing in all your pill bottles. Your doctor or nurse needs to know:

• The name of each drug.

• The reason you take it.

• How much you take.

• How often you take it.

Read the Original Article: Questions and Answers About Chemotherapy