Q.

How do you treat chigger bites?

Related Topics: Chigger

A.

Many home remedies for chigger bites are based upon the incorrect belief that chiggers burrow into and remain in the skin. Nail polish, alcohol, and bleach have been applied to the bites to attempt to "suffocate" or kill the chiggers. But because the chiggers are not present in the skin, these methods are not effective.

Treatment for chigger bites is directed toward relieving the itching and inflammation. Calamine lotion and corticosteroid creams may be used to control itching. Oral antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl), may also be used for symptom relief.

Read the Original Article: Chiggers

A.

on the 4th I got all bit up with Big RED Bumps from chiggers on my legs, so I tried bleach it didn't work, then Dr,Bronners Magic soaps it helped for a while but didn't work. but yesterday I tried New Skin Liquid Bandage. OMG this stuff worked wonders. I put some on last night before bed, got up this morning the Big Red Bumps were Small pink Spots and NO itching.. im so pleased because I scratched my legs up bad on the 4th and now they don't itch anymore.. Next Time ill just use New Skin Liquid Bandage again it Truly Works Wonders.

<3 NormanLovesFrankie

A.
I am a very experienced Army National Guard Infantry Medic, not a saleman, here is new GREAT chigger/red bug medicated ointment I highly recommend.  Chiggerex.  It works for skeeters and ticks too. It should work for fire ant bites too, even bee stings but I have go out and get bit by an ant before I can vouch for it.

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: