Q.

What are the symptoms of blood clots?

Related Topics: Blood Clot

A.

Venous clots do not allow blood to return to the heart and symptoms occur because of this damming effect. Most often occurring in the legs or the arms, symptoms include:

• swelling
  • warmth
  • redness
  • pain

Arterial clots do not allow blood get to the affected area. Body tissue that is deprived of blood and oxygen begins to die and becomes ischemic (isch=to restrain + emia = blood)

• Pain is the initial symptom of the ischemia, or oxygen deprivation due to loss of blood supply.
  • Other symptoms depend upon the location of the clot, and often the effect will be a loss of function. Heart attack and stroke are self-explanatory.
  • In an arm or leg, in addition to pain, the limb may appear white, and weakness, loss of sensation, or paralysis may occur.
  • If the blood supply is lost to an area of the bowel, in addition to intense pain, there may be bloody diarrhea.

Read the Original Article: Blood Clots

A.
I have a question regarding slight "seemingly" blood clots recently when I blow my nose.  I am age 62, and a couple months ago also had blood show up in my semen/urine.