Q.

How are bone spurs treated?

Related Topics: Bone Spurs

A.

Bone spurs are treated only if they are causing symptoms. Initial treatment is directed toward decreasing inflammation and avoiding re-injury when possible. Local cold application can help when the location of the bone spur is accessible. Anti-inflammatory medications, administered both orally and by local injection (Kenalog, Depomedrol, Celestone), are commonly used, depending on the location of the spur. Local mechanical measures, such as orthotics, or shoe inserts, and local bone spur pads might be considered, depending on the location of the bone spur. Bone spurs that are causing irritation of nerves and are resistant to conservative measures can require surgical operations for treatment.

Read the Original Article: Bone Spurs

A.
I had back surgery then I had a borne spur surgery on my big toe to remove it. It been over three months and I'm still not able to wear a normal shoe. I believe the borne spur formed over the longtime that I was dealing with my lower back pain. The back surgery required some hardware installation (Jan 22, 2015) was my back operation.    

Got Your WebMD Answer?

Next Steps: