Q.

What are ejaculation disorders?

Related Topics: Ejaculation

A.

There are different types of ejaculation disorders, including:

• Premature ejaculation -- This refers to ejaculation that occurs before or soon after penetration.
  • Inhibited or retarded ejaculation -- This is when ejaculation is slow to occur.
  • Retrograde ejaculation -- This occurs when, at orgasm, the ejaculate is forced back into the bladder rather than through the urethra and out the end of the penis.

In some cases, premature and inhibited ejaculation are caused by a lack of attraction for a partner, past traumatic events, and psychological factors, including a strict religious background that causes the person to view sex as sinful. Premature ejaculation, the most common form of sexual dysfunction in men, often is due to nervousness over how well he will perform during sex. Certain drugs, including some antidepressants, may affect ejaculation, as can nerve damage to the spinal cord or back.

Retrograde ejaculation is common in males with diabetes who suffer from diabetic neuropathy (nerve damage). This is due to problems with the nerves in the bladder and the bladder neck that allow the ejaculate to flow backward and into the bladder. In other men, retrograde ejaculation occurs after operations on the bladder neck or prostate, or after certain abdominal operations. In addition, certain medications, particularly those used to treat mood disorders, may cause problems with ejaculation. This generally does not require treatment unless it impairs fertility.

Read the Original Article: Sexual Problems in Men

A.

I have problems coming to a climax/ejaculation during partner sex (same) and or masturbating. Wife wants me to masturbate since I'm having problems during intercourse to ejaculate, to clean the pipes sorta speak. Bottom line, have problem ejaculting. What can I do Thank you