If you suspect any of the following symptoms, call your health care provider right away. Prompt treatment can help get the condition under control.
- Swelling in the arms, hands, fingers, shoulders, chest, or legs. The swelling may occur for the first time after a traumatic event (such as bruises, cuts, sunburn, and sports injuries), after an infection in the part of the body that was treated for cancer, or after an airplane trip lasting more than three hours.
- A "full" or heavy sensation in the arms or legs.
- Skin tightness.
- Decreased flexibility in the hand, wrist, or ankle.
- Difficulty fitting into clothing in one specific area.
- Tight-fitting bracelet, watch, or ring that wasn't tight before.
This answer should not be considered medical advice...This answer should not be considered medical advice and should not take the place of a doctor’s visit. Please see the bottom of the page for more information or visit our Terms and Conditions.
Thanks for your feedback.
7 of 9 found this helpful